sábado, 19 de junio de 2010

Un hogar

http://www.wliaa.org/global/img/success-stories/success-stories-image-ayr09-stry00002-01-web.jpg

My story begins with a picture of a Russian orphan on the front page of my local newspaper. The headline read, “Russian Orphan needs a Home.”

Pasha was a 6 year old child living in an orphanage in Bryansk, Russia looking for someone to love him. I was a single male, school teacher looking to share my love and expertise with a child. I met Pasha just two days before he had to return to Russia from a 6-week program that brought orphans to live with families here in America. The family he lived with had no intention of adopting him and he was going to return without a family. I was “paper-ready” due to my numerous attempts to adopt domestically.

I remember the first time I saw him. He was playing on a swing and having a great time. I just stood there and watched, and watched, and imagined my life with Pasha as my son. Those visions I had that day while watching him play are ones that I have spent the last 9 years making a reality.

Thanks to Tatiana Suslin, World Links, and a wonderful experience in the beautiful city of Bryansk, Russia, Pasha has been my son for almost 10 years now. He is a wonderful, typical, bright, caring 16 year old. I've never been more happier.

Mark Ransford

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario